Performance Scrutiny Committee - People
Holding the Executive to Account for its performance within the People Directorate.
Three broad areas: Performance , Budget and Risk
Monitoring of performance, focusing on:
• Achievement of outcomes and actions within service plans;
• Scrutinising progress in improvements to areas of poor performance;
• Assessing the extent to which performance objectives are contributing to the overall objectives and priorities of the Council.
• Assessing the extent to which performance is in keeping with the performance management strategy;
• Scrutinising variances in budget;
• Assessing the extent to which performance is being achieved within budget;
• Reviewing the outcomes and the delivery of agreed savings plans;
• Scrutinising of Service specific proposals a part of the budget consultation process;
• Assessing the anticipated impact of the budget proposals on services, performance, service users, partnerships and staffing levels;
• Considering the contribution of the budget proposals to the achievement of corporate priorities and objectives;
• Consideration the budget proposals within the context of the wellbeing of future generations, fairness and equalities impact, sustainability, partnership arrangements and the efficiency agenda;
• Consideration of the extent to which savings form part of a coherent strategy supported by appropriate evidence for decision making.
• Monitoring areas of high risk and assessing the effectiveness of actions to mitigate these risks.
To advise the Overview and Scrutiny Management Committee of its work programme and its on going implementation.
To undertake detailed examination or review of service area performance where necessary.
Monitor the implementation of any recommendations made to the Cabinet in relation to the performance of the service area.
Support officer: Daniel Cooke. Scrutiny Adviser