Venue: Committee Room 4 - Civic Centre. View directions
Contact: Neil Barnett Scrutiny Adviser
Declarations of Interest
Minutes of the previous meeting held on 23 March 2022 PDF 115 KB
The minutes of the previous meeting held on 23 March 2022 were accepted and approved as an accurate record of the meeting.
Regional Market Stability Report 2022-2025 PDF 126 KB
- Phil Diamond - Service Manager – Gwent Regional Partnership Board
- Mary Ryan - Head of Adult Services
- Natalie Poyner – Head of Children’s Services
- Mark Saunders – Service Manager – Regional Commissioning and Partnerships
The Service Manager for the Gwent Regional Partnership Board presented an overview of the Regional Market Stability Report (MSR) and explained that it is a statutory duty for the local authority and local Health Board to produce one market stability report every 3 years to be formally signed off by full Council. The MSR must be signed off by the 5 local authorities’ full Councils and the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board before March 31st 2023. The Service Manager then advised of the assessment of impact and highlighted how the pandemic has brought significant challenges across health and social care settings.
The Committee asked the following:
· The Chair asked the partners to explain the representation of the five authorities and queried if there is political perspective on the board.
The Service Manager confirmed that it is Cabinet Member led. Councillor Jason Hughes sits on the partnership board with the Strategic Director, Sally Ann Jenkins and advised that there is similar representation from the other four authorities, the Chief Executive of the Health Board also sits on the board.
· The Chair complimented the partners and officers on the content of the report, such as the inclusion of the seven boxes where partners discuss the challenges. It was very useful for the committee as the Chair suggested that they also share those challenges after austerity.
· The Chair went on to ask with regard to Domiciliary Care, whether the challenge is getting people to go deal with those issues; and asked for the partners to confirm they would look to come back to Committee with reports on how things have developed from their point of view.
The Service Manager advised that the partners will come back and update the committee on the Area Plan and to discuss mitigation of the challenges. Members were assured that it would not be a report and action plan sitting on a shelf, as there are constant conversations between Health and Social Care as they approach the Winter season. The Regional Integration Fund was mentioned, from the Welsh Government which is seasonal and equips boards to mitigate the mentioned challenges in the winter plan. The Manager will look to discuss the Winter Plan with the Strategic Director on her return as it was added that the Committee would benefit from the discussion.
· The Chair asked both the Head of Children Services and Head of Adult Services if there was anything in the report they would want the Committee to be alerted of.
The Head of Adult Services explained that the report is very thorough, it would be more of the next plans, as we know we have regional plans but also for the Committee to look at the local plans for Newport and highlighted how all representatives across the ... view the full minutes text for item 3.
Draft 2022-23 Annual Forward Work Programme PDF 148 KB
- Neil Barnett – Scrutiny Advisor
The Scrutiny Adviser introduced the Draft 2022-2023 Annual Forward Work Programme to the Committee and presented an overview of the suggested topics included for the Committee’s consideration. The Committee also confirmed that the proposed timescale for receiving the reports were acceptable. The Scrutiny Adviser clarified that if the Committee wished to add, remove or accept a report for information only in future they could do so at any Committee meeting. The Committee agreed that the topics proposed in the Draft Annual Forward Work Programme 2022-2023 were acceptable.
1. The Committee approved the Annual Forward Work Programme for 2022-23.
2. The Committee approved the proposed schedule of meetings for 2022-23.
The Chair thanked the Members for their support and comments.